Science is proving that punishment based training is detrimental to, not only your dog’s mental well-being and ability to learn, but also to your relationship with your dog.
Our training tools include:
Buckle collars | No-pull harnesses | Head collars | Clickers | Verbal markers | Treats | Toys | raise
We DO NOT use:
Prong/pinch collars | Choker chains | Shock collars | Leash corrections | Yelling | Physical punishments (i.e.: hitting dogs)
Our innovative approach to group classes
Play All Day provides “Levels Training”, one of the most flexible group training programs available, offering unlimited training sessions during the period you are enrolled.
What makes Levels training different from other training programs?
Small class sizes | Individual attention | Flexibility of schedule | Customized progress to meet your training goals
“Levels” Membership includes:
• Attend our drop-in classes as often as you like for as long as you like
• Get as much or as little training as you want based on your own expectations for your dog
• Little to no wait for the next class to start – just move up to the next level once your dog has met the criteria
• All dogs (even those with prior training) begin at this level
• Introduction of basic commands; sit, down, stationary attention, and the name game
• Teaching your dog to greet people politely (no jumping up)
• Walking politely on leash without pulling
• Paying attention to owner while walking
• Ignoring other dogs and distractions while walking
• Teaching “Stay”
• Teaching the “Come” command for a reliable recall
• Impulse Control – teaching your dog to “Wait” and “Leave It”
Distance, & Duration
• Fading lures for sit and down commands
• Loose leash walking with more distractions and less luring
• “Stay” with increased distractions and duration with owner farther away
• Coming when called past more distractions at a greater distance
• Polite greetings with other dogs and introduce strangers handling your dog
• Polish up all behaviors learned in Levels 1-3. Dogs will perform all behaviors with greater distractions, for longer duration, and with the owner at a greater distance away
Requirements for class advancement
Level 1 to Level 2:
• Dog can sit and down on command
• Dog can focus on owner for short periods of time
• Dog will readily respond to name
Level 2 to Level 3:
• Dog can walk 10 ft. or more on a loose leash – past 2 other dogs and mild distractions
• Dog will come to owner, 10 ft. away
• Dog will stay for 5 seconds with owner 10 yards away
Level 3 to Level 4:
• Dog can sit and down with no lure or movement toward dog
• Loose leash walking without pulling across training area, past several dogs
• Dog will stay for 1 minute with owner facing dog, 15 yards away
• Dog will come when called 20 feet, past 2 dogs
Level 4 goals:
• Dog can heel off-leash past other dogs and distractions
• Dog will stay for 3 minutes with owner 10 ft. away and for shorter periods of time with owner out of sight
• Dog will come when called, past distractions, with owner 30 ft. away
• Dogs in Level 4 could accomplish the Canine Good Citizen test
Check our schedule and rates. Decide what package is best suited for you and call now to reserve your spot.**
How quickly you and your dog move through each level is dependent on your dog’s abilities, your abilities, and the amount of time you are willing/able to commit. Pick a plan that best suits your goals and your desire to train. Remember, the great thing about the Levels Program is that you will not be stuck in a class that is either too easy or too hard for you and your dog. You will progress at your own pace.
Level 1: Wednesdays 6:30 p.m. & Saturdays 9:30 a.m.
Level 2: Thursdays 6:30 p.m. (Additional Level 2 classes will be added as needed)
Level 3: Wednesdays 7:30 p.m.
Level 4: Thursdays 7:30 p.m.
Reminder: You can attend as many classes per week (or as few) within your own level or lower levels.
Example: If you have reached Level 3, you can attend Level 3, Level 2, and Level 1 classes. By attending lower level classes, you can work with your dog on performing amidst the distraction of new dogs and less well-trained dogs.
TRAINING PLANS & RATES
6-Month Plan: $580.00
6 Months Unlimited Training (attend as many classes as you like each week in your current level or lesser levels)
20% OFF Specialty Classes
10% OFF Private Lessons (during your membership period)
With regular class attendance and practice at home, most owners can expect their dogs to be working well in Level 3 and many dogs will be able to make it into Level 4.
4-Month Plan: $420.00
4 Months Unlimited Training (attend as many classes as you like each week in your current level or lesser levels)
With regular class attendance and practice at home, most owners can expect their dogs to move to Level 3 and possibly Level 4 in some cases.
2-Month Plan: $225.00
2 Months Unlimited Training (attend as many classes as you like each week in your current level or lesser levels)
With regular class attendance and practice at home, most owners can expect their dogs to move to Level 2 and, in some cases, possibly Level 3.