Play All Day is moving to a Membership Model. What does that mean for you?
- PAD, in some ways, already operates as a membership since we require regular attendance and only offer boarding services to our existing daycare clients. This change will not affect that aspect of our daycare.
- Memberships will be structured on a monthly basis. Currently, our clients have the option of paying weekly or purchasing discounted packages of 10 weeks (package size dependent on number of days your dog is attending). Membership for all PAD clients will now be a monthly fee instead of packages or weekly payments.
- The monthly membership fee will be based on how many days a week your dog normally attends daycare.
- Memberships are month-to-month. There are no contracts, and you can cancel your membership at any time.
- Membership fees are non-refundable. If you need to cancel a day of daycare, that day will not be refunded. But with proper notice, we will work with you to reschedule that canceled day (within the same week) to a different day.
- We will take emergencies, weather events, contagious illness, and other unusual situations into account, within reason. We will get you details on this after we implement the new model.
- You will still be able to add additional days of daycare as needed, as long as space is available.
- As promised during our last price increase in 2022 (no price increases until 2025), you will not see a price increase with this change to a Membership Model. The new monthly membership fee mirrors the existing weekly rate you are currently paying. Multi-dog discounts are still in place.
- If you currently pay weekly and do not buy packages, you will see a discount in your weekly rate, but you will be required to pay for a month at a time, as opposed to weekly.
Why the Change?
- As always, the PAD mission is our guide when we feel the need for a change. Our mission is to provide a fun, safe, and enriching environment for the dogs in our care.
- In the past year, we have had record attendance and a consistent waiting list for new dogs to enter our program.
- We’ve also had a record year in canceled daycare days, the majority of which occur the morning of the scheduled day. These last-minute cancellations have become so prevalent that we have had to increase our capacity for each playgroup, under the assumption that we will have a good number of cancellations each day, in each playgroup. But on occasion, the cancellations are not as high as anticipated, and our groups are over capacity. Thankfully, due to the training that we do with our dogs and the skill of our staff, we have been able to achieve this safely. But it is not our ideal and does not reflect our mission.
- Additionally, our playgroups are not as stable as we would like them to be due to overbooking for anticipated cancellations. We have to do quite a bit of shifting of dogs from one playgroup to another based on which dogs cancel in which playgroup. We much prefer stable groups. This leads to decreased arousal, greater dog experience, and a greater ability for our teachers to do enrichment such as training and games.
- We have been considering this change for over a year, but really wanted to keep the flexibility of cancellations available to our clients. “Life Happens” and sometimes you just can’t make it into daycare. We still believe that and understand that. But we must balance that understanding with the ability to accurately determine our capacity so that we can keep all of the dogs in our care safe and happy. With this model, you may not always be getting your full money’s worth if you have to cancel, but your dog’s spot in our playgroups is secure and you can rest assured that we are not overbooking.
What Do I Need to Do Now?
- If you have a package, when your current package runs out, we will convert you to the new 4-week Membership packages.
- If you currently pay weekly, we will ask that you buy a 4-week Membership package, no later than March 13. You will be saving $2/visit with the new package.
- The new cancellation policy will go into effect on March 13.
4-Week Membership Rates:
- 1 Day/Week: $128
- 1 Day/Week, 2nd Dog: $120
- 2 Days/Week: $248
- 2 Days/Week, 2nd Dog: $232
- 3 Days/Week: $348
- 3 Days/Week, 2nd Dog: $324
Leave a Reply